Now this Top Ten is a hard one... i've given it a lot of thought, and realized that all the books that are special to me, that i'm most thankful for, i'm all thankful for for different reasons. I'll explain each reason next to the book, sorry if my explanations get slightly long. c:
(in no particular order)
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Me and my mum read this entire book series together when I was super little, all thirteen volumes, and i've reread it countless times since then. It's just a great book series, and that's why i'm thankful for them! ^-^
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. A couple years ago I was in Giant Eagle, and some random book with a fine layer of dust over it and a couple rips on the dustjacket caught my eye. Normally, because of the rips, I wouldn't even give it a second glance, but it was love at first sight. I read the prologue in the checkout line, read the first chapter in the car, and finished it that day. I was hooked - and it was my first true YA book ever. That's why i'm thankful for it!
3. Daughter of the Centaurs by KK Klimo. Anyone who has ever talked to me about books/read my heated review on this book is aware that I hate it. With a fiery intense burning passion. But before I had this naive view that Random House/Simon & Schuster could do no wrong. They were deities in my view. Now, I'm aware that even good houses have bad books, and don't just automatically assume their books are great. Plus, this gave me my first bad review. It's two fold c:. That's why i'm thankful for this horrible book.
4. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. When I remember early years, when I was about three or four, I remember reading. My biggest memory of reading at that time was the moment I finally got it- I remember reading the word boat off a flashcard, connecting the word with the picture, and just being like ohhh. But just under that memory is me reading Green Eggs and Ham, many many times. It was my favorite book when I was little, the first 'big kid' book I read, and introduced me to reading. That's why i'm thankful for this book.
5. Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren Destefano. These books are awesome. 'nuff said. That's why i'm thankful for them.
6. Cassandra Clare. She's just incredible. Clockwork Angel & Clockwork Prince & i'm sure Clockwork Princess are my favorite books ever. She's an amazing author, & that's why i'm thankful for her.
7. John Green. The Fault In Our Stars is the first book that ever made me cry. It is also the first book that made me throw it against a wall, and the first book that actually was worth the bleary morning of no sleep because I stayed up all night reading it - my dad also later experienced this, as he read it on a longggg flight a couple weeks ago, and loved it as much as me. I'm really thankful for him.
Closing note from your boring author
And that's it. Thankful is a strong word - i'm thankful for millions of books, millions of authors, I could have kept writing this list with every book i've ever read, because each have affected me, but these are the books & authors that i'm truly thankful for. If this list stops at 7, then i'm going to stop it at 7. Because these are the 7 books and authors that changed my life(although in the case of a certain one, i'm not sure if it's for the better).
Thanks for reading!
Hello! I'm Emily, and i'm a reader&reviewer of YA books, i've owned and operated this blog for over two years, since late 2011. Click on the 'About' page to read more about me!